If you were injured as the result of a boating accident, our New Jersey team is here to help you pursue full and fair compensation. Call our office for a free confidential consultation with a Bloomfield boat accident lawyer regarding your unique situation. You are under no obligation to retain our services, and you will pay nothing up front unless we win your case.
New Jersey has picturesque beaches, bays, lakes and rivers which can all be great places to get outside and enjoy the water. Many New Jerseyans enjoy boating, jet skiing, water skiing, and swimming in Lake Passaic, Wanaque Reservoir, or traveling to the shore.
While boating is a fun pastime for many people, maritime activities can unfortunately be dangerous and lead to injury. After a recreational boating accident, we expect that the authorities and our insurance company will protect us. Unfortunately, this is not always the case.
If you or a loved one has been injured by the reckless or negligent actions of another party in a boating accident, a Bloomfield boat accident lawyer is here to help you recover compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Call our office today for a free confidential consultation with our experienced personal injury attorney team, during which we discuss your unique needs and concerns regarding any kind of boating accident injury.
New Jersey Boating Accident Statistics & Common Causes
As you will see below, many boating accidents in the Atlantic Ocean are caused by the negligent and/or reckless behavior of the driver of the boat. If this is true in your situation, our Bloomfield boating accident injury attorneys may be able to build a strong case to help you receive compensation for your injuries.
Here are a few enlightening statistics about recreational boat accidents in 2016 from the United States Coast Guard.
Most frequent recreational vehicle accident types:
- Collision with another recreational vehicle: 1,051 total accidents, 38 fatalities, 708 individuals injured
- Collision with a stationary object: 565 total accidents, 63 fatalities, 432 individuals injured
- Flooding/swamping: 470 total accidents, 90 fatalities, 156 individuals injured
- Running aground: 413 total accidents, 13 fatalities, 246 individuals injured
- Capsizing: 305 total accidents, 175 fatalities, 200 individuals injured
Most frequent contributing factors of boating accidents:
- Operator inattention: 597 total accidents, 45 fatalities, 373 individuals injured
- Operator inexperience: 480 total accidents, 62 fatalities, 301 individuals injured
- Improper lookout: 475 total accidents, 20 fatalities, 380 individuals injured
- Excessive speed: 360 total accidents, 39 fatalities, 275 individuals injured
- Machinery failure: 323 total accidents, 9 fatalities, 117 individuals injured
Proving Liability in a Boating Accident Injury Claim
When it comes to recovering compensation for your boating accident injuries, your claim will greatly depend upon determining the responsible party and proving how their reckless or negligent actions directly led to your injuries.
Was the accident due to the actions of a professional boat operator? This can be the operator of the boat you were on, or the operator of a separate vessel that caused your boating accident injuries.
Was the accident due to the actions of a family member or friend? This may cause some individuals to hesitate in filing an injury claim. However, our attorneys will work with that person’s insurance company and not attempt to seek damages from the individual directly. They should legally have personal watercraft insurance.
Were you injured while on the vessel, or by the actions of another vessel? As long as the reckless and negligent actions of another party led to your injury, you should have a strong personal injury claim. Allow our team of skilled Bloomfield boat crash attorneys to sort through the details of your case to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.