What is a New Jersey County Product Liability Claim?
Product liability claims cover a broad range of products and goods we use in the course of our lives which, for a variety of reasons, cause us injury. Product liability claims cover injuries sustained as the result of use of:
- Drugs and medicine
- Medical devices
- Consumer products such as phones or toys
- Power tools
- Auto parts
- And more
In addition, product liability claims cover three different specific failures on the part of the manufacturer or designer of the product.
- At the manufacturer level, defects can occur in the product due to poor oversight of the manufacturing process, below standard quality of parts, poor quality analysis, etc. When a manufacturer fails in any of these areas, it can cause a defect in the product which results in injury.
- At the design level, some products are inherently flawed. A design defect can cause the entire line of products to be unsafe, even if the manufacturer follows the design specifications exactly.
- Finally, some products have safety risks involved in their usage, but do not contain the proper instructions or warnings regarding their use. This is what is known as a “failure to warn defect”, and can be equally as harmful as manufacturer defects and design defects.
By proving one of the above occurred to the product which caused you injury, you and your New Jersey product injury attorney can lay the groundwork for a successful product liability case.
Do I Have a New Jersey Product Liability Claim?
If you have been injured by a defectively manufactured product, a defectively designed product, or a product without sufficient instruction or warnings regarding its use, you have the potential for a product liability claim, but there are still several important factors to consider.
According to the New Jersey Product Liability Act of 1987, businesses have a legal responsibility to ensure their products have been manufactured, designed, and marketed in a reasonable and safe manner when used as directed. In order for a product liability claim to be successful, you and your New Jersey defective product attorney must be able to prove all of the following items:
- You have suffered significant injuries
- Those injuries were caused by a product
- That product was defective, either through manufacturing, design, or marketing
- Your use of the product was appropriate
- You did not improperly modify or store the product
- The product was not already damaged when you bought it
- The product had not been recalled, and no warnings had been issued regarding its safety, either by the manufacturer or the government
Knowing these things to be true, and proving them in a court of law, are two highly different matters. However, if you believe the above mentioned factors to be true in your case, speak with an experienced New Jersey product liability attorney about filing a product liability claim in order to recover financial compensation for your injuries.
New Jersey Defective Product Attorney Helps Recover Compensation
Product liability claims require preparation, investigation, presentation, and hard work. For this reason it is highly recommended that, when seeking compensation for a New Jersey defective product injury, you retain the counsel of an experienced, knowledgeable, and effective attorney.
Your New Jersey product liability attorney will need to gather evidence from a variety of sources, and will most likely wish to hire expert consultants to help explain the exact nature of the defect and how it caused your injury, to a jury and the insurance company.
Should your product liability claim be successful, you will be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses (including future expenses should you require continued treatment), lost income if your injuries left you unable to work or unable to continue in your current line of employment, and compensation for the mental and physical pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your injuries and the effect they have had on your life.
Contact our New Jersey Product Liability Attorneys Today
At The Law Office of Fredson Statmore Bitterman, we have extensive experience helping clients throughout area with all manner of personal injury cases, including product liability claims.
Our firm believes in providing personal and attentive legal service to all of our clients. The more informed and involved you are in your case, the better we can secure you the compensation you and your family need and deserve.
Lead by a New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Civil Trial Attorney, our personal injury team has already secured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients, including verdicts in both the New Jersey Supreme Court and appellate division.